Looking for a quick and tasty soup recipe? This beautifully smooth celeriac soup is ready in under an hour. Plus, this tasty root veg is packed with Vitamin C and K, which help to maintain heart and bone health.
100% Vegan. Gluten-Free. Nut-Free. Soy Free.
Keeps for up to 3 days in the fridge / can be frozen for later
Makes 4 bowls
- 1 celeriac, chopped into small chunks (approx. 700g)
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil or 25g of vegan butter
- 1 litre of vegetable stock (made up with 4 tsp of vegetable bullion)
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
Gently heat your oil or butter in a large pot, adding the garlic, celery and onion. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring to avoid burning. Add the celeriac and leek and cook on high for another 5 minutes.
Add the stock and thyme and bring to the boil, then reduce to the lowest heat setting and leave to simmer for 20 minutes (or until the celeriac is soft).
Blend the soup using a stick blender or liquidiser and return to the pot. Season with a little salt & pepper.
Serve with some fresh parsley & crusty bread