Packed full of greens and fresh herbs, this soup is a simple way to slip more veg into your day. Feel free to get creative with the ingredients by working with what’s in your fridge – leeks, asparagus, kale, cauliflower, they all work. This is the beauty of the super green soup!
Keeps for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge / suitable for freezing
Makes 6-8 bowls
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 250g spinach
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil / 25g vegan butter
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Bunch of chives, chopped
- 4 tsp vegetable bullion (made up with 1 litre of boiling water)
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- Watercress to garnish
Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat, adding the garlic, spring onions and chilli to sautée for 10 minutes.
Add the remaining veg, stock and spices. Bring the pan to a boil then reduce to the lowest heat. Leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
Blend 3/4 of the soup and return to the pot. If it needs a little more liquid / seasoning, add accordingly.
Garnish with watercress & enjoy
Enjoy this recipe? You might like these too…
Try my easy recipe for deliciously creamy parsnip & celeriac soup.
Got some greens that need used up? This puttanesca style roasting tin recipe is packed full of flavour & super simple to make.
This quick and easy soup is packed with big savoury flavours.