It’s hard to believe that these are raw. They’re buttery, rich and super chocolatey. I’m absolutely hooked. Cashews and dates give a lovely dense texture and fresh orange juice keeps them beautifully moist. Plus, they’re completely free from refined sugars and processed ingredients.
Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free.
Keep for up to 5 days in a chilled airtight container
- 100g raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 3 hours
- 120g soft pitted medjool dates (if they’re a bit hard, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes)
- 6 tbs cashew/almond butter
- 100g coconut sugar
- 100g raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 vanilla pod, scraped / 1 tsp vanilla extract (use alcohol free type if you’re keeping things raw)
- Juice & rind of 1 large orange
- Ground almonds, to decorate
Soak your cashews in hot water for 3 hours. Drain them and place them in a food processor along with the pitted dates. Blitz until they start to come together.
Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until they come together as a dough. If the mixture is a little dry, add a teaspoon of water. If it’s a little wet, leave it to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
With a silicon baking matt or greaseproof paper at the ready, scoop out a teaspoon of the dough and shape into a ball using the palms of your hands. Repeat this for the rest of the mixture.
Place the ground almond in a shallow bowl and roll each of the balls to coat. Place them in an airtight container in the fridge and allow them to chill for 1-2 hours.
And that’s it, your healthy truffles are ready to be inhaled.
Want to be the first to try new recipes?