These little balls of heaven are 100% vegan, gluten-free and free from refined sugars.
All plant, all goodness.
If you fancy a sweet treat with coffee or a snack during the day, these are insanely good. Plus, because they’re packed with nuts and oats, they’re a great source of plant-based protein & slow-release energy.
They have a deliciously moreish cookie dough taste – thanks to the sweet caramel flavour from the coconut sugar & white mulberries (which are really nutrient dense).
My other half has a mouthful of sweet teeth, so I’ve basically had to start a production line to keep up with the demands…
Makes 6 big balls or 8 smaller balls (your call)
- 150g wholegrain rolled oats (or GF oats)
- 30g coconut flour
- 25g white mulberries (you can buy these in health shops)
- 20g chai seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbs crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tsp agave syrup
- a little cold water
- In a food processor, roughly blitz your oats and coconut sugar together for a few seconds until the oats are a bit finer, then transfer to a bowl
- Add your white mulberries to the processor and blitz until fine, then add into the bowl
- Add the chai seeds, cinnamon, peanut butter & agave, along with a few drops of cold water
- With a spoon, begin to work the mixture together into a dough
- If it’s a bit dry and crumbly, add a little more water until it begins to stick together
- Scoop a tablespoon of mixture into your hands and begin to shape into a ball
- Place on a tray with a silicon baking mat or greaseproof paper
- When you’ve rolled all your balls, place the tray into the fridge and leave for an hour
It’s eating time!