This one-pot curry is seriously simple and packed with big, bold flavours. Sweet and spicy, it’s a deliciously healthy substitute for higher fat takeaway curries.
It’s Vegan. Oil-free. Gluten-free.
100% plant-based and delicious.
There’s no frying or pre-cooking in this curry. Simply prep the veg, transfer all the ingredients into an ovenproof dish and bake.
The veg I’ve chosen happened to be what needed using up, so feel free to mix it up and try different textures and flavours.
The fresh stuff
- Red and yellow pepper, chopped into chunks
- Whole cauliflower, chopped into smaller florets
- 1 Onion chopped into bigger chunks
- 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Large chunk of grated ginger
- Tempeh cut into chunks
- Squeeze of lemon juice
From the cupboard
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp vegetable bullion
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 20g cashews
- 20g raisins
- 30ml almond milk
- 1 can coconut milk (light or full-fat works)
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 20g coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Chop your veg & Tempeh (chunky works best for texture)
- Add everything into the dish and mix well to distribute the spices
- Place on the lid and bake for around 1 hour (might be more or less depending on your oven, use your own judgement for when the veg look tender but not soft!)
- Serve with soft, fluffy brown rice and enjoy
If you liked this recipe, feel free to follow and share 😊🍛
I’d love to hear how it turns out for you!